PLANNING

A Good Plan Is Like A Road Map; It Shows The Final Destination And Marks The Best Way To get There

Saturday, April 2, 2011

...Of Life and Death

Salam to alz!

An office mate passed away on Friday, 25th March 2011.  Al fatihah.

Somehow, when someone is no longer around, we start to think about that person.  We think of the things that we have done, things that we should have done and things that we should never have done.

Arwah liked my nasi dagang.  Not that my nasi dagang is the best in town but somehow his request for my nasi dagang came every hari raya since 2008.  Last raya was no exception.  He requested and mentioned about nasi dagang so many times I lost count of it. However, I kept on delaying cooking it.

Somehow, someone (can't remember who) reminded me to cook nasi dagang soon.  Takut tak sempat nak makan katanya. Knowing that arwah was not well (he got the 3 serangkai thing i guess), finally I cooked it.  He came over my house and really ate.  Alhamdulillah.

Yesterday, we carried out a simple tahlil for arwah at the office.  I asked Hj Subari to order food to eat after the tahlil.  While I gave the money to him, I asked him who cooked the food because it was delicious.  He said "puan masak lagi sedap.  Tapi nasi dagang la".  I am not sure if that is a compliment or another request.

Al fatihah to arwah Afandi bin Abu.  semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat Allah swt.

For others, life goes on.

NMN

1 comment: